Terms and Conditions for Services Rendered by London Bus Hire Ltd
1. These hire conditions, apply to all hires taking place without exception or modification, and the hirer by placing a booking with London Bus Hire Ltd (hereinafter referred to as London Bus Hire) will be deemed to have read, understood and implicitly agreed to all of these hire terms before paying in full (or a deposit) for any order. If any part of these hire terms are later found to be invalid, it will not affect the validity of the remaining hire terms herein enclosed which will thus remain fully enforceable.
2. A reservation is only considered as accepted if so confirmed by email by London Bus Hire and the passenger has been issued with a reference number. Bookings must not be made with less than 48 hours notice, without first confirming Vehicle and Driver availability with London Bus Hire by email or telephone. Any email or verbal conversations taking place prior to our Booking Order Confirmation do not form part of the Hire Contract. The Hire Contract will be solely based on these Hire Terms, our Final Invoiced Hire Itinerary and our Booking Order Confirmation.
3. The hirer is solely responsible for all passengers travelling with the booked vehicle/s provided by London Bus Hire. If the hirer is not personally present on the hire date/s, he must nominate before the hire date/s a Lead Passenger to act on the hirer's behalf as the responsible person to represent the hirer's interests. The hirer/lead passenger is solely responsible and liable for the actions and behaviour of all their passengers. In the event that the Lead Passenger is unwilling or unable to control the misbehaviour of the passenger/s, the driver has a legal right and duty to request those passenger/s to quietly exit the vehicle immediately and to proceed without them. Refusal by any passenger/s to quietly and peacefully disembark from the vehicle will result in the hire being instantly terminated and the police being called to the vehicle to assist the driver to then unload the vehicle. In the event the hire is terminated this way, no refund will be provided and any or all expenses subsequently incurred by the passengers will not be re-imbursed by London Bus Hire under any circumstances. There are Legal PSV UK Statutes that govern the behaviour of passengers in these circumstances. These can easily be found online and London Bus Hire can provide more details if required.
4. There are legal limits in the UK regarding Driving Hours and also Working Time Regulations that strictly regulate Minibus And Coach Drivers' activities during their working day. It is imperative for legal and safety reasons that all Drivers comply with the relevant Bus Authority Laws and also all Passengers should acquaint themselves with the various regulations if they feel it may affect their rental or itinerary plans.
5. The chosen itinerary route will be decided only by the Driver based on his professional experience, his Satnav Device and the size of the vehicle and not by the hirer or passengers. If the hirer has a preferred route they may discuss it with Customer Services at London Bus Hire before the hire date, and London Bus Hire will decide whether to forward the proposed route to the Driver for his consideration on the day.
6. Vehicles are not allowed to stop, wait or set-down passengers at many locations (especially in London) so the Hirer/Passengers should plan their itinerary to take this into consideration. The hirer may discuss this with London Bus Hire in advance of the hire date if necessary. Also kindly remember that the passengers may have to walk to or from the vehicle/s and their hotel/venue due to traffic cameras recording/parking wardens enforcement to avoid penalties/fines subsequently being sent to London Bus Hire in the post. If the Passengers require illegal drop-off locations then this must be arranged and paid for in advance with London Bus Hire at a charge of £80 per illegal set-down (e.g. such as on Red Routes or locations under surveillance by TFL Traffic Cameras etc.).
7. Tolls, Parking Charges, Ferry Costs, Eurotunnel, Vehicle Entry Payments to Sites and Venues etc. are never included in our quotes or invoices and must, without exception, be paid direct to the relevant charging person/company/authority by the Lead Passenger and never by London Bus Hire or the Driver. For overnight stays outside London, the hirer must book and pay for the Driver's Hotel, Secure Vehicle Parking at the hotel and the Driver's Daily Meals Allowance (£30).
8. Sales Tax / VAT does not apply in the UK for any vehicles that are capable of carrying 9 Passengers or more as it is ZERO-RATED (0%).
9. London Bus Hire does not charge for Fuel or for the Driver's Wage as these are accounted for within our Price Quotations/Hire Invoices. All vehicles are supplied with qualified drivers (ie. we do not do self-drive rentals).
10. London Bus Hire does not charge Gratuities as these are solely at the passengers' discretion.
11. All hires are required to be booked and paid for in advance. London Bus Hire will advise each Hirer as to when the Booking Deposit and/or Full Payment is payable. Hire quotations are valid for a limited time only and customers are advised to book early to ensure availability. Customers are advised that London Bus Hire is often fully booked two months in advance of bookings during busy times of the year. Prompt Payment is always recommended to finalize any hire enquiry as this helps vehicle availability for your Group on your chosen date/s. Our advice is always BOOK EARLY !
12. When London Bus Hire quotes for two straight transfers (ie. a return trip) the hirer must never expect the vehicle/s or driver/s to be on standby between the two journeys. Passengers will NOT have access to the vehicle/s or driver/s until the second collection time. Passengers should not expect use of the same Vehicle/s and Driver/s on both outward and return journeys. Passengers and/or their belongings/luggage cannot remain on board between said journeys/transfers. Passengers must take full responsibility in the event of loss of said Luggage or personal possessions. Clearly the Passengers are welcome to leave their luggage in the locked luggage compartment under the Coaches during a hire period (for example during a sightseeing trip) but not in between separate transfer periods.
13. Extra hire time, diversions or additional stops on route that have not been pre-booked before the hire date, will not be possible or available on the hire date due to other pre-booked commitments that London Bus Hire must honor. London Bus Hire may be able to add additional hire time but this is at its sole discretion. If the hirer wishes to add extra time to their journey before the day of the booking, they should give 48 hours notice to London Bus Hire to allow them to try and fulfil the request. The Lead Passenger must tell the Customer Service about their desire to change the agreed itinerary on the day and not the driver. Drivers are not authorized to make itinerary changes without our management's approval. If availability is confirmed, then the Lead Passenger will need to pay cash for the extra service in advance (ie. not by card or cheque) before it can be rendered. All additional time will be charged by rounding up the journey time to the next full hour. The drivers are competent and have a good working knowledge of London and strive to take the quickest or most economical possible route (not necessarily the shortest) on that specific day. It is the Client/Hirer's responsibility to allow for traffic congestion when they are planning their itinerary to ensure it can be completed within their Hire Time Period and before an order is finalised with London Bus Hire. Failure to book sufficient time may result in the itinerary not being completed, as the Client/Hirer is reserving the vehicle/s and driver/s for a strictly fixed time period only.
14. It is the Lead Passenger's responsibility to ensure all Passengers disembark from the Coach on arrival at destination/s without delay, unless extra hire time has been agreed with London Bus Hire and booked and paid for in advance and London Bus Hire has given clear and written permission for the Passenger's to stay on board on arrival at the destination for a limited waiting period.
15. UK Law requires PSV Minibus and Coach Drivers to take Rest Breaks at set times, and the hirer accepts full responsibility in ensuring that their proposed itinerary does not flout the regulations and neither the hirer or any passenger/s will cause a delay or interruption that makes the trip illegal. In the unlikely event such problems are created by the Group (for example due to requests for unplanned demands for comfort stops at Service Stations) it may result in the journey not being completed and the Passengers will then have to make alternative travel arrangements without notice and solely at the Passenger/s expense.
16. Talking to or Distracting a Driver while the Vehicle is travelling on route is not only an Unlawful Act, but is also potentially very dangerous and therefore strictly forbidden, as it may jeopardize the Passengers, other Road Users and the Public. The Driver obviously needs to concentrate on the changing traffic conditions, environment and other road traffic in order to navigate the vehicle through them safely.
17. If one or more Passengers fails to appear at the pick-up location and is not aboard the vehicle within 15 minutes of the booked time, then the Lead Passenger must either continue the journey without the missing Passenger/s or terminate the hire immediately. If the Lead Passenger fails to reach a decision then it will be made for him/her by London Bus Hire and we may authorize the Driver to terminate the hire and proceed to his next booking. No compensation or discussion will be undertaken by London Bus Hire for the failure of Passengers to embark and depart at the agreed time or for hire terminations due to any or all the Passenger/s failure to appear and/or board the Vehicle/s on time. In other words the Vehicle's are booked for a set time and will leave with or without the Passenger/s 15 minutes after the contracted collection time.
18. Seating and Luggage capacity of all vehicles are limited and overloading is a serious Offence in the UK and is therefore forbidden. It is also illegal in the UK to carry Luggage inside the Vehicle Passenger area. All Luggage must be safely stored in the Luggage Compartment only. Any excess luggage or additional Passengers (if any), will have to be transported by using alternative arrangements arranged by the Passenger/s and solely at the Passenger/s expense, and also without delaying the scheduled departure of the vehicle/s reserved with London Bus Hire. No compensation or discussion will be undertaken by London Bus Hire for the failure of the Passengers to book the correct size Vehicle/s for their Group and/or Luggage according to the guidelines set out on our Website's Home Page. The hirer should wherever possible notify London Bus Hire of any excess luggage 48 hours before the booking time to allow London Bus Hire to assess if a different vehicle should be sent (subject to availability and additional cost to the hirer). The driver may assist you to load your luggage but he is not then become responsible for any subsequent loss of passengers luggage at any time. It is always strongly recommended that all passengers obtain Travel Insurance that fully covers their belongings/luggage before they book and travel with London Bus Hire (or any other transportation company) and this is not an expensive choice.
19. In the unlikely event of equipment failure inside the vehicles, such as for example a microphone or air-conditioning or the radio, it will be solely at London Bus Hire's discretion, whether a 10% maximum refund for that particular hire is made by the company. In other words the hirer may opt to request a MAXIMUM 10% refund for that hire, and then London Bus Hire will decide if it is appropriate.
20. London Bus Hire does not allow animals on board its Vehicles. Registered Guide Dogs will be transported only if written notice/permission is requested in advance and has been authorised in writing by London Bus Hire. Guide Dogs must not be allowed to sit on seats inside the vehicle/s.
21. London Bus Hire always reserves the right, without exception, to upgrade any booked vehicle/s to Larger Vehicle/s (or to send two or more smaller vehicles instead) at NO EXTRA CHARGE to the hirer/passengers and without prior notice/warning, depending on our Driver Roster and Vehicle Schedule on the hire day. The hirer can rest assured that the vehicle substitution (if it does take place) will NOT reduce the total passenger or luggage capacity as booked and required by the hirer. In the highly unlikely event of a booked vehicle breaking down, London Bus Hire has contingency measures in place to collect the passengers with alternative vehicles and driver ASAP. The rescue time will depend on traffic conditions at that time and the distance of the passengers from our base. If the passengers decide they do not wish to wait, then London Bus Hire's maximum liability will be limited to the payment received for that transfer or paid time remaining for that particular day's hire period. In addition London Bus Hire at our sole discretion, may or may not decide to refund the taxi/minicab expenses incurred by the hirer/passengers depending on that individual hire's circumstances.
22. It is traditional and customary in the UK Bus Hire and Private Hire industries, to allow Bus Companies (without prior notice to the hirer/passengers) to use Subcontractors ie. other Licensed Coach Operators or Private Hire Companies, to assist them with their passengers transportation needs, as long as the Subcontractor is reliable, trustworthy and can deliver an equal or better level of service as that requested by the hirer. London Bus Hire hereby confirms that we do use Subcontractors as and when required to ensure continuity of services rendered to hirers/passengers. These sub contractors will be able to provide a satisfactory level of service and will be fully licensed and comply with all regulations stipulated by the Public Carriage Office or UK Bus Authority.
23. To finalize any hires close to or during the Olympics Period (20th July to 24th August 2012) a 20% Non-Refundable Deposit of the Total Hires Charge is required and then the remaining 80% Final Payment becomes payable 2 months (at the latest) before the first hire date. Hire cancellations for bookings around the Olympics Period (20th July to 24th August 2012) with written cancellation notice received 2 months or more before the first hire date will result in the loss of 20% Deposit Paid by the hirer/client and if any more monies were paid, then the remainder will be refunded, ie. if Full Payment was made, then 80% of the Total Hire Charge for cancelled hires will be refunded if more than 2 months hire/s cancellation notice is received. Hire cancellations for bookings around the Olympics Period (20th July to 24th August 2012) made with less than 2 months notice before the first hire date will result in the loss of Full Payment (ie. the Total Hires Charge) made by the hirer/client and no refunds will be payable.
24. For hires on all other dates during the year (ie. NOT around the Olympics Period) that are less than £500 in total value, full payment is required to finalise the booking. For hires of over £500 in value, hire confirmation and finalisation (subject to vehicle availability at the time of payment) will occur on payment of a 25% Deposit or Full Payment by the Hirer and then the remaining 75% Final Payment becomes payable 14 days (at the latest) before the first hire date. Hire cancellations for bookings NOT around the Olympics Period with cancellation notice received 14 days or more before the first hire date will result in a FULL REFUND less 10% of the Total Hires Charge. For example if the total hire charge is £500 and if only £125 (ie. 25% Deposit) was paid by the hirer, then in this example £50 (ie. 10%) will be kept by London Bus Hire and ALL of the rest (£75 in this case) will be refunded. Again in this example if the Full £500 Hire Payment was made instead, then £450 will be refunded (ie. a 90% Refund will be made). Hire cancellations for bookings NOT taking place around the Olympics Period (ie. NOT between 20th July to 24th August 2012) and with Cancellation Notice received of less than 14 days notice before the first hire date, will result in a 100% Cancellation Charge of the Total Booking Value being applicable and no refund will be payable.
25. A reservation may only be altered or cancelled with the authorisation of London Bus Hire. It has to be done by phone first, on +44 207 193 5891, and then in writing (must be by email). Cancellation Refund Payments by London Bus Hire if applicable, are normally dealt with/sent within 7 days to the hirer. If the cancellation refund involves International Payment to the hirer, then Bank charges will be incurred by London Bus Hire and these will be deducted from the refundable amount. In this event hirers should kindly note that we will be sending the refund in British Pounds Sterling and the hirer's bank will charge the hirer for their Bank Charges and also for their Currency Conversion costs as well.
26. Carriage of food or drink (except bottled water) is strictly forbidden inside the passenger area of any vehicle/s supplied by London Bus Hire.
27. During busy periods, especially around the London 2012 Olympics, journey times will be extended and of unpredictable length, due to road closures, diversions and congestion. London Bus Hire will always endeavor to collect passengers on time, however destination arrival times can never be guaranteed as they are solely subject to on route traffic conditions, roadworks, obstructions etc on the hire date (most of them without warning and totally beyond our control). All hirers are therefore strongly advised to book earlier collection times and to leave promptly to cater for unforeseeable traffic delays on the day, and thus avoid potentially missing flights/trains/ferries/events/shows for example, and avoid disappointment and/or having to incur additional costs. Collection Times: it is strongly recommended that all Hirers book Collection Times from the West End for transfers to airports at least 4 hours (or earlier) before the flight time in order to help ensure a successful flight departure. Hirers should always take into consideration the following information - since airport arrival times are critical it is always best to err on the side of caution, and arrive at the destination early rather than late to reduce risk of inconvenience and expense. The prices quoted by London Bus Hire are discounted in order to make them affordable to as many Clients as possible. In return for this discount, all Clients please note Our Grace Period Entitlement is as follows: we always endeavor to arrive at pick-up addresses early, however on rare occasions, due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. road works, traffic congestion, obstructions, accidents, snow/ice/flood etc.) we get delayed. In that event, as long as the vehicle arrives at the pickup/collection address within 60 minutes of the agreed collection time, we will then be deemed to have fulfilled our contract, and no recompense of any kind will therefore be entertained. We always try to avoid this situation as late pickups clearly are not in our Client’s or in our own interests. It is however in the Client’s interest to allow room for unforseen circumstances to or from a collection point, ie. to arrange the booked time for the vehicle/s earlier if at all possible and also to depart promptly at the booked time if the destination arrival time is important. At no time can London Bus Hire ever guarantee destination arrival times as they are clearly subject solely to traffic conditions on the actual hire day. As previously stated above these matters should be taken into consideration by the hirer chooses and books a Collection Time.
28. We very rarely have a problem with Group Arrival Airport Collections (9 passengers or more) - but we have to have a policy for long flight delays. If your flight is delayed for up to one hour then our Company will accept the Business loss of use of the Coach for one hour as it cannot be booked for two different Clients at the same time. In any case to allow time for passengers to clear Immigration/Baggage Collection/Customs and to reach the Coach Collection Point at the airport terminal, London Bus Hire will automatically book your Collection Time to be one hour after the Scheduled Flight Arrival Time (or 45 minutes after the scheduled flight arrival for groups of up to 8 passengers) and the first hour wait is always FREE, which then gives you a TWO HOUR time slot in total after the scheduled flight arrival time. However if the flight is delayed for more than one hour, which is fortunately very rare and unlikely to happen then Clients have the option to make their own way into town by Train, Bus, Taxi or Underground Tube (your payment to us will not be refunded) or you may wait for one of our other Coaches (subject to availability of course on the day) and we will then rebook a new transfer for you if you pay an additional charge at a 50% to 75% discounted rate which is a Goodwill Discount from our Company to satisfy delayed Clients. All hirers should ensure that the Lead Passenger has our emergency contact telephone number with them on the hire date.
29. Additional waiting time if available after the first Free 45 to 60 minutes wait after the Booked Collection Time at the airport will depend on the type of booked vehicle and must be of course be prepaid in cash by the Lead Passenger on boarding the vehicle. We do check actual flight landing times, ie. we do not depend solely on the scheduled arrival time, for our Driver Rostering purposes. If the passengers are at the airport terminal information desk of the airport and fail to make contact with the driver, then the Lead Passenger must call us on 0207 193 5891 so that we can assist them to find their driver. The Passenger/s should not leave the airport without letting the company know as this will be regarded also as a ‘NO SHOW’ and the hirer will remain fully liable for the hire and any additional waiting time (if incurred). The UK airport collection procedure is different for 9 passengers or more ie. no "Meet & Greet Service is available. For up to 8 passengers a FREE "Meet & Greet Service" is always provided by the driver holding a NAMEBOARD inside the Arrivals Terminal. More info about Group Arrivals Airport Collection Procedure will be emailed to the hirer after a Booking has been finalized, with detailed instructions for your Lead Passenger to follow. Please note that for sightseeing tours, delay caused by Passengers will result in the tour period being reduced by the amount of the delay.
30. In the event of Vehicle/s Breakdown and/or Traffic Delays, and a dispute subsequently arising regarding the quality of service supplied by London Bus Hire, the hirer hereby agrees that by placing a confirmed order with London Bus Hire, any refund payable to the hirer will be strictly limited to monies paid. No further compensation or liability will become due or considered by either party at any time. Bearing this hire term in mind, the hirer/client clearly has a duty to the passengers to always choose and reserve a Collection Time that takes potential unforeseen delays into consideration, so that alternative travel arrangements can then be made at very short notice, to avoid any subsequent losses being incurred by the hirer (for example the forfeit of airline/ferry/train/theatre tickets etc). London Bus Hire cannot action its own contingency measures if the hirer has not allowed us sufficient time for remedial action to be taken to avoid inconvenience or loss to the hirer in the event of Vehicle/s Breakdown and/or Traffic Delays. Fortunately vehicles and drivers provided by London Bus Hire are reliable and contingency measures very rarely have to be undertaken.
31. Payments can be made in cash on the day only at the company's discretion or as usual by credit card in advance. In the case of credit card payments, the payment is due online at the time of order placement. Large order over £500 in value can only be paid by Bank Transfer and the hire request cannot be considered until the payment is received, therefore payment delay is never recommended if you have decided to proceed with booking finalization.
32. Late December/Early January Holiday Period Surcharges:
On Xmas Eve (after 18:30 ), Christmas Day Bank Holiday, and on New Year's Eve (after 18:30): 100% Surcharge applies to our online prices.
On Boxing Day Bank Holiday & New Year's Day Bank Holiday: 50% Surcharge applies to our online prices.
33. Illustrations, photographs and descriptions on this website, and our brochures, pricelists serve merely as a guide and will not be considered binding or part of a contract under any circumstances. The actual Booking Contract is the Hire Confirmation itself and these terms herein laid out are always an implicit and core part of every Hire Confirmation without exception.
34. Please keep in mind that babies/children are regarded as passengers and therefore to book the vehicle size accordingly. Child seats and Booster seats if required by Law, must be provided by the passengers on the day for their children.
35. Privacy and Security Policy: we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties. We collect information from you for two reasons: Firstly to process your booking and secondly to provide you with the best possible service. We will not send out any marketing emails to you in the future without your consent. The type of information we collect are: your name, address, phone number, email address and itinerary. We will not collect any other sensitive information without your explicit consent. The information we will collect about you will be secure. If you have any questions regarding privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us. Payments made via this site are through a secure server.
36: Paypal Delivery Policy: Our Coach and Minibus Hire Services With Driver in the UK are delivered by London Bus Hire (and other reputable subcontractors legally operating car/s, minibus/es and/or coach/es at the times, dates and locations as requested by our hirers at the time of order finalization or as amended afterwards by our company by mutual agreement with the hirer. Our Telephone Number: please kindly note our telephone number +44 207 193 5891 to use when you visit the UK. New hire enquiries may be made by email and will be dealt with ASAP in 24 hours or less.